2017 Club Highlights
2017, What a Stupendous Year for our members, guests, and partners. Lakeshore Conservation Club (LCC) continues to be a leader in providing a safe, comfortable, and welcoming place for firearms use.
Our partners continue to bring great activities and events to outdoors enthusiasts of all ages. The High School Trap and Skeet Teams continued success and growth have driven many of the improvements and changes in LCCs operations and infrastructure. This has benefited our members and guests in many ways. Some include, New Throwers, Better Parking, Clubhouse Improvements, Cass County SWCD Grant, DNR Range Improvement Grants, Rifle/Pistol Range Improvements, Handicapped Accessibility, Energy Efficient Lighting, plus all the extra exposure we get in the local communities by sponsoring so many High School Athletes.
The LCC expenditures used to directly and indirectly support High School Trap/Skeet Teams is looked at as money well spent. Fostering Youth and Family involvement in Shooting Sports is key to our future. Our Board of Directors, Club Manager, and Seasonal Staff are the core of the day to day operations and manpower. However, without the many volunteers that step forward throughout the year we could not have accomplished much. Special hanks to the Wild Game Dinner Committee, the Teach-a-Kid to Shoot Crew, the Hunter Education Instructors, the Youth Expo Committee, the Extreme 5k CRU, High School Coaches and Assistants, Sight-in Volunteers, concrete finishers, and all the others (you know who you are) that make our Club, an example of what can be done vs. what can’t be done.
Some 2017 Highlights:
- The Wild Game Dinner sold out and was another HUGE SUCCESS for the Club and the Community.
- LCC hosted, and sponsored, the Brainerd, Pillager, Pequot Lakes, and Staples High School Trap-Skeet Teams.
- Our summer 5 days a week, Trap, Skeet, and 5-Stand operations continued rain or shine.
- Teach a Kid to Trap Shoot Day brought in lots of area youth and first-time shooters.
- 4H Shooting Sports and Youth Expo again highlighted our partners in outdoor education.
- New semi-permanent location for 5-Stand.
- Better target holder systems for the pistol/rifle ranges.
- Steel targets for the 100yd range. (Dinging the Steel is VERY popular)
- Sponsored the Paul Bunyan Extreme 5K with our partner Mount Ski Gull. (Made Some Money!)
- Our partner Kerfoot Canopy Tours (ZIP LINE) had an awesome season.
- New thrower in house 4.
- Covered 25yd Pistol Range.
- Won the battle for Erosion Control, we hope.
- Expanded parking.
- Night Shoots Again. (Awesome Participation)
2017 was again ambitious, but with members contributing their time and talent, we got a lot accomplished. THANKS AGAIN to ALL who steppedup to the challenge. We look forward to 2018.
We have a few more improvements project slated for 2018. Volunteers will again be needed. As our Membership and Partners continue to grow, LCC grows as a leader in shooting sports and outdoor recreation in the Brainerd Lakes Area. Encourage your friends and family to stop by and see what we have to offer. They will have a good time.
That’s our mission and you’re part of its success…